Sunday 10 August 2008

10/08/08 18:51

I have been thinking along these lines: given that State-run organisations (such as local councils) and organisations which are nominally independent but have a history as Nationalised Industries (notoriously BT) are permitted to defraud me of money, or take money in what on the face of it is fraud, I conclude that I am - and Dawn also is now - a ward of the State and our money is not genuinely our own. This is somewhat frightening in that the State has such power, and it is wielded (as far as I now understand it) by the Mental Health Act Commission in its application to me and us. In the past the officials wielding the power have been permitted to carry on in the lackadaisical way I now understand is commonplace in mental healthcare in Britain, and have misunderstood practically every aspect of my behaviour. This explains things which have baffled me supremely in recent months: for example a comment from a fellow-traveller actor engaged (one of many on the train that day) by the Mental Health Act Authorities to play a part in trying to get me under official treatment (that has been ultimately the aim, it seems clear) which indicated the ‘thinkers’ trying to guess what I might do thought I might abscond to somewhere in the distant north on that occasion (or at least they felt it was not out of the question).
The situation has been complicated by concealing from me that this was the case: that I was a ward of the State and did not have complete control over my own life. Therefore I have wasted effort trying to prove (for example) that the supposed fine imposed in 2004 by Kidderminster Magistrates was a sham (no points being put on my driving licence in a case where they should have been). I do not know if the concealment was mainly for my supposed benefit (not to send me loony to think such interference was being perpetrated) or more to save the Government embarrassment (because it does seem ludicrous if such a large amount in resources is spent on ‘looking after’ me as a supposed mental patient who suffered misfortune from Armond’s perpetrations in the 1980s). I suspect it is the latter and this explains the endeavours to silence my publishing the facts, which entailed last autumn making national newspapers unavailable to me by phone from Nottinghamshire.
It has been hopeful for me since improperly detaining me under the Mental Health Act has been ruled out (seemingly), being replaced by just plain silly attempts to get me to report myself as ill on the basis (for example) that there were an inordinate number of cars driving round the roads of Kingswinford a month or two back. The silliness of these attempts shows up to me, and surely it must to others with sense - so long as my message is no longer being put a stop to by the Mental Health Act Commissionaire censors - that those running the mental healthcare system in Britain are unfit. I hope I can put a good construction on the continuance of the expenditure on what I will still call The Experiment, that is that the justification now is that so much is being learnt from the perpetrations of the Mental Health Act Commission and its associates, psychiatrists in the NHS.

No comments: