Thursday 27 September 2012

Risperdal and interest in life, or motivation


27/09/12 16:42 [Thursday]
I have to say this present dosage of Risperdal I am on is a great success. I am not completely deactivated so that I didn't find anything of interest in life, as I was on the higher dosage last year; nor am I so rushed in what I am doing that I cannot have leisure to think about it in advance, as I was when on no medication at all. Part of the interest I have in life now is introspecting - as I am doing here - that is observing myself doing stuff and commenting on it. If this introspection gets out of hand it adds to the 'processing' load so that I have no resources - I am too rushed - to do anything other than introspecting: but I don't think it gets to quite that stage now I am helped by this medication.
So I will cut the introspecting on introspection and say that what I have in mind to do - what I am planning - is based on another thing I find interesting in my present life which is to say saving money. This interest - which amounts to a need - is founded in the fact that I am surviving at present entirely on benefits. Another aspect of this source of interest derives from my way of thinking in mathematical terms, so that for example one vague intention I have is to graph my spending over recent years on gas and electric: then I can see how the spending has varied over the years and how it varies over the seasons. I have for around eighteen months now - starting at the time I was looking forward to being discharged from hospital in the Spring of 2011 - been taking my meter readings frequently and recording my usage in a form which is of more use to me than kWh, that is in 'meter units'.
However my primary interest is in recording on the internet somewhere I can conveniently access the data using my mobile phone how much I have paid for groceries in supermarkets. This would give me an idea - while actually in the supermarket for new spending, and without needing to carry a big notebook - whether things I might buy are cheap or dear. I have for a number of months been recording the prices I have paid, but as I say without carrying the information with me it is not available (except in my imperfect memory) when I am in the supermarket anew. Also I ask myself if other people - people obsessive in the style I am - might be interested in this information which, therefore, I wish to upload in a publicly available version. Furthermore if possible I'd like to be able to search through the text - my list of items and prices - to see how much I paid for selected items and do this using my mobile phone. (The alternative to that would be to upload also an index to all the items in my list.) At present the solution might be to use Facebook Notes, or alternatively to add easily accessed pages to my own website colinbrough.co.uk.
Other information it would be useful for me to be able to access using my mobile phone consists of train and bus timetables specially tailored to my requirements (in other words not going through the nationalrail.co.uk or similar app which in any case doesn't cover buses).
The last thing in my mind this evening is the fact - which I have discovered some days after the event - that Morrisons charged me £2.29 for Rightguard deodorant when the shelf-edge said something like £1.14 (which I presume was supposed to represent half-price). The Morrisons receipt - unlike Asda and Tesco which I am familiar with - does not have a website address for me to put in my comments. So I shall have to try to find an email address for Morrisons from their website.
27/09/12 17:38
A specific example of this Risperdal doing me good: in planning to go to Asda this evening I have explicitly considered whether it will be open in the evening. I don't feel I need to actually go to the website and check, but because I have reason to believe the Asda I am on about shuts earlier on a Saturday (and it has limited hours on a Sunday) if it were the weekend I would check. It is because my head is not running-on with other truly less significant questions that I am able to realise the question whether Asda will be open and make a clear decision on the need to check.

No comments: