Sunday 22 July 2012

Basis of my theories

22/07/12 22:24 [Sunday]

About a month ago in the course of sorting stuff out for our eventual removal (when this bungalow shall finally sell) I found a handwritten diary note I made in June 2005. I do come across handwritten diary notes from time to time (they are almost always from years more recent than 2005) and usually scan them to add to my computerised diary to make it complete, but on this occasion I transcribed the note which was dated 17-Jun-05. I think I had it in mind, in making the transcription, that I could put the note into my Blogger blog, and my intention now is to do so. I am able to add remarks in the clearer state of mind I have now achieved, and hope to benefit medical science.

It is plain from the note I made that I felt hurried yet responded to the hurry by slowing down. (This may relate to what I was saying recently about my underactive thyroid, in that perhaps I was unable to rush as my state of mind would have had me do, because of the slowness of my metabolism.) The fact is that I was unable to make plans in my head to cope with the speed which was necessary, on the occasions it was necessary. In other words even if I did need to rest I should have scheduled my resting better instead of simply downing tools as soon as I was the least weary.

The other main comment I would make is that I interpreted what went on in terms of ‘the Authorities’ and my being hypnotised (and Dawn being hypnotised too, I often conjectured) without much reflection. This was because there was too much going on in my mind to permit a leisurely survey of possibilities and probabilities. Even though the ideas I had about being hypnotised did not square with what I myself knew about hypnosis (and most troublesome in my theorising was to tally up the fact - what I had read - that a person cannot be hypnotised unless he consents, and I had no recollection of ever having been asked to consent): even though the notions I had did not fit I came to make an assumption they were correct and that given enough time to work things out they could be made to fit. I suppose I have to add that even if I didn’t have leisure to work things out thoroughly, on the face of it I need not have presumed such a thing as that I was surreptitiously hypnotised, unless there were things I noticed which caused a need for some such hypothesis. The ‘things I noticed’ were exaggerated coincidences (this following from the way dopamine is implicated in pattern recognition and from my having overactive dopamine) so that, for example, when I over-responded to things I heard said being very similar to what was in my mind at the time I had to make the presumption that I had been hypnotised to respond with those thoughts to some preceding cue (set up by people following me about, or present where I was because I had been led there by hypnotic suggestion). I can understand that some people who over-respond to these coincidences interpret the concurrence as resulting from telepathy, but with the scientific training I had at school and with the utterly materialistic world view I have, I know telepathy is a mirage. Hypnotism is not a mirage and I did my best to bring it in as the only possible explanation for the coincidences (despite the fact that it did not tally in all particulars).

Finally I note that I was het up and had headaches and various bodily reactions from over-sensitivity (to heat in the case in question).

17/6/05. 4.50 pm. Transcribed from handwritten note.

We have stopped near Walsall (near Tame Bridge Parkway I believe) having found ourselves too late to hope to get to the Telewest office at Merry Hill Dudley tonight.

Problems started near Castle Donington where we parked for a while in a lay-by known to us and doubtless to the Authorities. As it is now over four hours since we left Worksop (in our motor caravan) it seems clear to me we were delayed by a hypnotic trance at that lay-by.

We left the lay-by hurriedly after Dawn became annoyed at the time I had had there on the computer and I reacted with anger. I felt sleepy and had a bad headache (which persists now).

The main error (apart from being hypnotised at all) was my wrong estimate of the time available when we came off the M42. This was caused by the break in time due to the hypnotic trance.

[X582DAO in margin.]

I intended to leave the M42 at Tamworth but was distracted at that junction (losing awareness I would say through a post-hypnotic effect). I did not intend to leave at the next junction but turned off at the last minute (again doubtless cued through hypnosis).

After leaving the M42 we found ourselves at the point where in May I chucked our former mobile phone away and where we were spectators at the aftermath of a faked accident (near Drayton Manor Park). This is suspicious in itself.

Driving along since leaving the M42 we have seen a number of reversing vehicles and other referential sights. A few minutes ago I would have re-joined the motorway but was deliberately blocked by a car (RK54TZW I believe) in the outside lane.

I have a sore throat, a headache, and irritability of the skin in this heat.

No comments: